MEP Design: Cambicci & Associates
Construction: Symetria Construction Company
BigSEE Architecture Award 2020
Interiors Awards 2020 | Educational | GOLD
The aim of the design team was to create spaces that satisfy all kind of requirements by the students and teaching staff. Spaces that are not only functional but also upgrade the aesthetic of the school. The classrooms, offices and public spaces/meeting areas were redesigned to achieve a modern and attractive set for all users.
The basic design principles are the simplicity and purity of forms, the preservation of the identity of the historic building, the the use of vibrant colors in dialogue with natural materials in order to create a friendly atmosphere, the integration of nature with various kinds of vegetation, the combination of modern with traditional materials. The main goal was to create a space that reflects the prestige of the School while simultaneously conveys the youthfulness and freshness of its users.
Main design issues:
- Satisfy student’s and staff’s requirements
- Design accordingly to the specifications for private schools
- Create a lively anthropocentric space that promotes collaboration
- Create a cheerful and bright space that promotes creativity
- Convey a timeless feeling and unique experience for students on their transition to higher education in accordance with global standards